Widget & Inline Page
Classic - Distribution Engine Inline Page
Lightning - Distribution Engine Record Detail
Widget - Introduction
Adding Widget to a Lightning App
Adding Widget to a Lightning Page
Adding Widget to Salesforce Mobile
Adding Widget to a Classic Console
Adding Widget to Classic Homepage
Changing the Widget logout reason list
Before you Begin
Whats in the Package
Managed Package Licences
Leaving A Review
Upgrading Distribution Engine
Configure Distribution Engine
Lead Matching - Introduction
Duplicate Rule Setup
Related Owner - Lead Matching
Lead matching vs lookup owner
Classifier Lead Matching Setup
Lead to Account/Contact/Lead Settings
Create a Map
Territory Map Zoom Levels
Territories - Technical Details
Lead Auto-Conversion - Introduction
Distribution Classifier - Introduction
Distribution Methods - Introduction
Standard Distributor Settings
Pull Distributor Settings
Trigger Distributor Settings
Manual Distributor Settings
Distributing from a Designated User
Distributor Team Member Filters
Distributor Sort Order
Advanced Filter Mode
Distributor Test Tool
Weighting and Caps
Tracking & SLAs
Distribution Teams Introduction
Distribution Process View
Out of Office
User Availability Toggle
Distribution Engine Running User
Export & Import
Licensed users list
Email Notifications - Introduction
Custom Email Notifications
Disabling Standard Email Notifications
Customising the Email Template
Disabling Custom Email Notifications
From Email Address
Assignment Simulator - Introduction
Configure Assignment Simulation
Assignment Simulator Result Explorer
Integrating InsideSales.com power dialer
Auto archive feature
Uploading tags via dataloader
Tuning Distribution Engine
Distribution Logs List
Territories Logs List
Lead Matching Logs List
Auto-Conversion Logs List
Object Sync Logs List
Scheduler Logs List
Archive Logs List
Exporting Log Data
Distribution Engine Details Object
Distribution Engine Dashboard
Reports - Leads and Distribution Logs
Skill Based Matching
Assigning Contacts - Pairing SDRs and AEs
Enforce Cap for Manually Assigned Records
Workflow Rule Examples
Timezone Bucket Formula
Has Activity Formula
Distribution Engine Details Formula
id Field to Text
Process Builder Examples
Process Builder - Avoiding Clashes
Opportunity Assignment - Updating Related Accounts & Contacts
Rejection API Process
Assign License and Permission Set on Team Member Addition
Assign License on Team Member Addition
Tasks on Record Assignment by Distribution Engine
Information for New Admins
Team Member API
DE Apex API Introduction
Apex Trigger Examples
Warnings and Errors
Health Checker Messages
Distributor Failures - Records on Hold
Apex CPU time limit exceeded
Timeout when deleting a Team Member or Distributor
Records Stuck / Not Being Assigned
Frequently Asked Questions
Legacy Widget - New status
Distribution Engine Aborted
Alerts not Firing
Distribution Engine Delayed
Can one Distributor Assign from Multiple Queues / Users?
Can't See Distribution Engine
Distribution Engine Not Running
Manual Shutdown of Distribution Engine
Exclude members from Holidays
Distribution Engine Health Checker Restart
Dashboard Running User Error
Assignments going to wrong user
Dragon beta release - install guide
Eagle upgrade process
Gorilla Upgrade Process
Hummingbird Upgrade Process
Impala Upgrade Process
Jellyfish Upgrade Process
Koala Upgrade Process
Grant Login Access
Upgrading Distribution Engine Steps
This is the default and most commonly used method. Sequential assignment among the team members ensures records are assigned out evenly. Distribution Engine updates a round robin sequence after every assignment. Team members who have not been assigned to recently are first in line for the next assignment.
Round Robin scope
The round robin scope determines whether the round robin order is independent per distributor or shared across the whole team. Scope is set at the team level on the team settings page and applies to all distributors on a Distribution Team. There are two options available:
- Distributor level round-robin - Each distributor within a team will have its own round-robin cycle independent of the other distributors in the team.
- Team level round-robin - Assignments from all distributors in the team will be considered for the round-robin cycle. A team member that receives an assignment from the first distributor would go to the back of the line for an assignment from any of the other distributors in a team.
- Allows for records of the same defined criteria to go to the same team member. See Sticky Assignment.
- Assign if user is unavailable - if checked, records will assign regardless of team member availability (Out of Office, distribution hours, widget toggle)
- Assign if user is offline in widget - if checked, records will assign when a team member is toggled offline but not when Out of Office or outside Distribution Hours.
Round Robin with weighting and caps
By default round robin will assign evenly. However you can setup weighting or caps to control the volumes given to team members. Learn more about weighting and caps.
Round robin in detail
This section explains how the round-robin algorithm works in more detail.
- Each distributor either holds its own independent round-robin sequence or respects the Team level round-robin dependent on the scope selection at the Distribution Team level.
- Every time Distribution Engine runs (e.g. every 5 minutes), each distributor's round-robin sequence continues from its previous position. It doesn't reset.
- The round-robin sequence starts with the team member who has been without an assignment for the longest period of time. The member assigned to most recently will be at the back of the sequence, and the member without an assignment for the longest time will be at the front.
- If no one is available to receive assignments then nothing happens. Leads / cases remain in the queue and the round-robin order is not changed.
What if someone has been out of the office / on holiday for a period of time?
Round robin order is based on time since the last assignment. So anyone who has been unavailable for a period of time will be at the front of the round-robin sequence when they return. So they will be the first to receive an assignment.
What about team member filters / tags - how does that affect the sequence?
If you are using a team member filter / tagging to restrict who the distributor assigns to, the round-robin sequence is the same. It will look at the list of available team members according to the filter and assign to whoever is next in sequence.
What scenario would I choose Team level round-robin over Distributor level round-robin or vice-versa?
If your use case calls for multiple distributors on a team, such as, leads are being assigned from multiple queues, and assignments from each of those queues should be balanced against each other then Team level round-robin should be selected. If the balance between assignments from each distributor should be independent of each other, distributor level round-robin should be selected.