Widget & Inline Page
Classic - Distribution Engine Inline Page
Lightning - Distribution Engine Record Detail
Widget - Introduction
Adding Widget to a Lightning App
Adding Widget to a Lightning Page
Adding Widget to Salesforce Mobile
Adding Widget to a Classic Console
Adding Widget to Classic Homepage
Changing the Widget logout reason list
Before you Begin
Whats in the Package
Managed Package Licences
Leaving A Review
Upgrading Distribution Engine
Configure Distribution Engine
Create a Map
Territory Map Zoom Levels
Territories - Technical Details
Lead Matching - Introduction
Duplicate Rule Setup
Related Owner - Lead Matching
Lead matching vs lookup owner
Classifier Lead Matching Setup
Lead to Account/Contact/Lead Settings
Custom Classification - Introduction
Custom Classification - Synchronized Tag Collections
Lead Auto-Conversion - Introduction
Distribution Classifier - Introduction
Distribution Methods - Introduction
Standard Distributor Settings
Pull Distributor Settings
Trigger Distributor Settings
Manual Distributor Settings
Distributing from a Designated User
Distributor Team Member Filters
Distributor Sort Order
Advanced Filter Mode
Distributor Test Tool
Weighting and Caps
Tracking & SLAs
Distribution Teams Introduction
Distribution Process View
Out of Office
User Availability Toggle
Distribution Engine Running User
Licensed users list
Export & Import
Email Notifications - Introduction
Custom Email Notifications
Disabling Standard Email Notifications
Customising the Email Template
Disabling Custom Email Notifications
From Email Address
Email Notification as Flow
Assignment Simulator - Introduction
Configure Assignment Simulation
Assignment Simulator Result Explorer
Integrating InsideSales.com power dialer
Auto archive feature
Uploading tags via dataloader
Tuning Distribution Engine
Distribution Logs List
Territories Logs List
Lead Matching Logs List
Auto-Conversion Logs List
Custom Classification Log List
Object Sync Logs List
Scheduler Logs List
Archive Logs List
Exporting Log Data
Distribution Engine Details Object
Distribution Engine Dashboard
Reports - Leads and Distribution Logs
Skill Based Matching
Assigning Contacts - Pairing SDRs and AEs
Enforce Cap for Manually Assigned Records
Workflow Rule Examples
Timezone Bucket Formula
Has Activity Formula
Distribution Engine Details Formula
id Field to Text
Process Builder Examples
Process Builder - Avoiding Clashes
Opportunity Assignment - Updating Related Accounts & Contacts
Rejection API Process
Assign License and Permission Set on Team Member Addition
Assign License on Team Member Addition
Tasks on Record Assignment by Distribution Engine
Information for New Admins
Out of Office API
Team Members API
DE Apex API Introduction
Apex Trigger Examples
Omni-Channel Presence Integration
Salesforce Presence Integration
Invalid Email trigger
Warnings and Errors
Health Checker Messages
Distributor Failures - Records on Hold
Apex CPU time limit exceeded
Timeout when deleting a Team Member or Distributor
Records Stuck / Not Being Assigned
Frequently Asked Questions
Legacy Widget - New status
Distribution Engine Aborted
Alerts not Firing
Distribution Engine Delayed
Can one Distributor Assign from Multiple Queues / Users?
Can't See Distribution Engine
Distribution Engine Not Running
Manual Shutdown of Distribution Engine
Exclude members from Holidays
Distribution Engine Health Checker Restart
Dashboard Running User Error
Assignments going to wrong user
Dragon beta release - install guide
Eagle upgrade process
Gorilla Upgrade Process
Hummingbird Upgrade Process
Impala Upgrade Process
Jellyfish Upgrade Process
Koala Upgrade Process
Llama Upgrade Process
Grant Login Access
Upgrading Distribution Engine Steps
The Distribution Engine app is split into a total of 9 tabs.
- Distribution Console - Shows the current status of the Engine including scheduler settings and today's counts for distributions and alerts.
- Distribution Classifier - Configure Maps and Territories for classification of objects.
- Distribution Teams - The engine is built around the concept of distribution to teams. This tab is the focal point for all the configuration of teams, their members, working hours and the distributors, which work to distribute objects.
- Distribution Tags - Create and assign tags to your team members and use these tags in your Distribution Rules.
- Distribution Sync - Configure Object Sync, that allows children of assigned objects to be synchronised to the parents new owner.
- Distribution Availability - Manage Holidays, Shifts and Out of Office, control when groups of teams, or individual team members are unable to receive assignments.
- Distribution Logs - A record of every assignment made by the engine. Depending on profile settings, this will show all logs or just the individual’s own logs.
- Distribution Analytics - Charts showing various metrics for teams. This is an evolving library of charts; if there are any metrics you would like to see, please let us know.
- Distribution Settings - Ability to start and stop the scheduler and control system settings.
- Distribution Engine Admin - This provides complete access to the app. All tabs and all permissions to custom objects and Visualforce pages.
- Distribution Engine System Manager - This provides access to the app except for the Distribution Classifier and some features of the Distribution Settings tab. Therefore, no ability to start and stop the scheduler.
- Distribution Engine Team Manager - This provides restricted access to specified teams. Provides access to the team availability, caps and weighting functions. Each team can specify which managers can access the team from the team settings page.
- Distribution Engine User - The most basic level of access designed for Reps / Agents who are receiving Leads / Cases. Provides access only to the Out of Office, Logs and Widget, all of which are locked to the user's own records only.
- Distribution Engine Community User - For Salesforce community users. Only has access to the Widget, Out of Office and Logs.
Custom fields for Lead, Case, Contact, Account, and Opportunity are included in the package. These are detailed below.
Lead, Case, Contact, Account, and Opportunity
The following fields are included in the package and will be added to Leads, Cases, Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunities.
- Date last distributed to user / Last distributed on Lead (n2de__Last_distributed__c) - Date/Time this record was last distributed by the Engine.
- Is distributed / Is distributed to user on Opportunity (n2de__Is_distributed__c) - Checkbox set true where this record has been distributed by the Engine.
- Date last auto reassigned / Last reassigned on Lead (n2de__Last_reassigned__c) - Date/Time this record was last re-assigned by the Engine.
- Is auto reassigned / Is reassigned on Account and Contact (n2de__Is_reassigned__c) - Checkbox set true when this record has been reassigned by the Engine.
- Distribution Count (n2de__Distribution_count__c) - A count of how many times a record has been assigned. Incremented on each assignment to a team member.
- Time to action (mins) (n2de__Time_to_action_mins__c) - If you are using time to action tracking, this field will hold the time taken in minutes.
- DE Classifier Status (n2de__DE_Status__c) - Determines if records has gone through the Distribution Engine Classifier or not. Values = Waiting or Done.
- Distribution Engine details (n2de__Distribution_engine_details__c) - Lookup to a child object used for storing additional details about classification.
Lead & Case Custom Fields
The following fields are included in the package and will be added to both Lead and Case objects.
- Distribution action (n2de__Action__c) - Field provided to hold action tracking information. E.g. to denote Qualified or Contacted.
- Is archived (n2de__Is_archived__c) - Used in conjunction with the Auto-Archive feature. This field is true if record has been archived.
- Last archive date (n2de__Last_archive_date__c) - Used in conjunction with the Auto-Archive feature. This field holds the date/time the record was last archived
- Source queue (n2de__Source_queue__c) - Used in conjunction with the Auto-Archive feature. This field holds the name of the queue the record was originally in.
Other Custom Fields
- Is rejected (n2de__Is_rejected__c) - Lead and Opportunity - Used in conjunction with assignment rejection. This field is true if the record was rejected.
- Last rejected (n2de__Last_rejected__c) - Lead and Opportunity - Used in conjunction with assignment rejection. This field holds the date/time the record was rejected.
- Is triggered (n2de__Is_triggered__c) - Lead, Case and Opportunity - Used in conjunction with Trigger Distributors. Automatically checked when a record has been distributed from a trigger distributor.
- Trigger enabled (n2de__Is_trigger_enabled__c) - Lead, Case and Opportunity - Used in conjunction with Trigger Distributors. When checked, the trigger distributor will be executed on save and the field will be unchecked.
Custom reports can be created based on the report types provided in the "Other Reports" folder. We've provided some reports to get things started.
- Distribution logs by team - A report of all distributions, grouped by team.
- Rejected DE assignments by day - A report of assignments that have been rejected by a user using assignment rejection.
- Total Distribution Volumes - A report of assignments, grouped by day.
- User Activity History - Toggle in and out history for users using the user availability toggle.
Lightning components can be added to various types of Lightning apps and pages to help integrate DE into your business processes.
- Distribution Engine Record Detail - Provides details of how the record has been processed by DE, see more details here.
- Distribution Engine Widget - Provides notifications and toggle functionality to users, see more details here.
Home Page Components
There are two home page components in the package. One is no longer functional after the Summer 15 release of Salesforce and has been deprecated.
- Distribution Engine Widget - Provides notifications and toggle functionality to users.
- Distribution Engine - *Deprecated, no longer functional.
- Process Async Distribution Events - Used only when distribution processing mode is set to parallel, in order to assign records.
- Distribution Engine Notification - used to send an email notification whenever an assignment, alert or reassignment occurs.