Widget & Inline Page
Classic - Distribution Engine Inline Page
Lightning - Distribution Engine Record Detail
Widget - Introduction
Adding Widget to a Lightning App
Adding Widget to a Lightning Page
Adding Widget to Salesforce Mobile
Adding Widget to a Classic Console
Adding Widget to Classic Homepage
Changing the Widget logout reason list
Before you Begin
Whats in the Package
Managed Package Licences
Leaving A Review
Upgrading Distribution Engine
Configure Distribution Engine
Create a Map
Territory Map Zoom Levels
Territories - Technical Details
Lead Matching - Introduction
Duplicate Rule Setup
Related Owner - Lead Matching
Lead matching vs lookup owner
Classifier Lead Matching Setup
Lead to Account/Contact/Lead Settings
Custom Classification - Introduction
Custom Classification - Synchronized Tag Collections
Lead Auto-Conversion - Introduction
Distribution Classifier - Introduction
Distribution Methods - Introduction
Standard Distributor Settings
Pull Distributor Settings
Trigger Distributor Settings
Manual Distributor Settings
Distributing from a Designated User
Distributor Team Member Filters
Distributor Sort Order
Advanced Filter Mode
Distributor Test Tool
Weighting and Caps
Tracking & SLAs
Distribution Teams Introduction
Distribution Process View
Out of Office
User Availability Toggle
Distribution Engine Running User
Licensed users list
Export & Import
Email Notifications - Introduction
Custom Email Notifications
Disabling Standard Email Notifications
Customising the Email Template
Disabling Custom Email Notifications
From Email Address
Email Notification as Flow
Assignment Simulator - Introduction
Configure Assignment Simulation
Assignment Simulator Result Explorer
Integrating InsideSales.com power dialer
Auto archive feature
Uploading tags via dataloader
Tuning Distribution Engine
Distribution Logs List
Territories Logs List
Lead Matching Logs List
Auto-Conversion Logs List
Custom Classification Log List
Object Sync Logs List
Scheduler Logs List
Archive Logs List
Exporting Log Data
Distribution Engine Details Object
Distribution Engine Dashboard
Reports - Leads and Distribution Logs
Skill Based Matching
Assigning Contacts - Pairing SDRs and AEs
Enforce Cap for Manually Assigned Records
Workflow Rule Examples
Timezone Bucket Formula
Has Activity Formula
Distribution Engine Details Formula
id Field to Text
Process Builder Examples
Process Builder - Avoiding Clashes
Opportunity Assignment - Updating Related Accounts & Contacts
Rejection API Process
Assign License and Permission Set on Team Member Addition
Assign License on Team Member Addition
Tasks on Record Assignment by Distribution Engine
Information for New Admins
Out of Office API
Team Members API
DE Apex API Introduction
Apex Trigger Examples
Omni-Channel Presence Integration
Salesforce Presence Integration
Invalid Email trigger
Warnings and Errors
Health Checker Messages
Distributor Failures - Records on Hold
Apex CPU time limit exceeded
Timeout when deleting a Team Member or Distributor
Records Stuck / Not Being Assigned
Frequently Asked Questions
Legacy Widget - New status
Distribution Engine Aborted
Alerts not Firing
Distribution Engine Delayed
Can one Distributor Assign from Multiple Queues / Users?
Can't See Distribution Engine
Distribution Engine Not Running
Manual Shutdown of Distribution Engine
Exclude members from Holidays
Distribution Engine Health Checker Restart
Dashboard Running User Error
Assignments going to wrong user
Dragon beta release - install guide
Eagle upgrade process
Gorilla Upgrade Process
Hummingbird Upgrade Process
Impala Upgrade Process
Jellyfish Upgrade Process
Koala Upgrade Process
Llama Upgrade Process
Grant Login Access
Upgrading Distribution Engine Steps
The vast majority of assigning scenarios in Distribution Engine will be best suited to standard distributors, these are the most powerful and scalable form of distribution. However, there are cases when the immediate assignment of Leads, Opportunities or Cases is required. For low volume, high speed assignments, trigger based distribution can be used in Distribution Engine.
- Only Leads / Opportunities / Cases with the Trigger Enabled flag will be picked up by Trigger distributors.
- Triggers are currently only available on update (not insert).
- Trigger distributors do not support or impact Team Level Round Robin.
Distributor settings page
From here you can edit, clone or delete a distributor. You can also access the distributor test tool and see recent distributions.
Trigger distributor settings
Distributor settings are grouped by the method - how records will be assigned, the source - what records are assigned and the team member filter - who are we assigning to.
- Distributor Name - pick a name for this rule. We recommend short names for ease of reading.
- Method - select the distribution algorithm for this distributor. These are described here - Distribution algorithms.
- Default owner - where the trigger cannot assign to the chosen team member for some reason it can optionally fall back to assigning to a default queue or user.
- Field-based filter - filter the records being selected for distribution by a field value (e.g. only hot leads or only P1 cases). More on filters here - Queue filters.
- Limited to five for performance reliability.
- Campaign-based filter - filter the records being selected for distribution by the Salesforce campaigns they are in (only for leads and contacts).
- Assign if user is unavailable - if checked, records will assign regardless of team member availability (Out of Office, distribution hours, widget toggle).
- Assign if user is offline in widget - if checked, records will assign when a team member is toggled offline but not when Out of Office or outside Distribution Hours.
Team member filter
- Determine who in this team is eligible to receive assignments from this distributor.
- All team (anyone in the team can receive assignments from this distributor).
- Selected members (only selected team members can can receive assignments from this distributor).
- By tags (team members will be selected based on the tags they hold). Learn more about distributor team member filters.
- Dynamic tags are the recommended approach for simplifying distribution logic.
Firing trigger distributors
The Distribution Engine package includes 2 custom fields on your Lead, Opportunity and Case objects.
- Trigger Enabled (n2de__Is_trigger_enabled__c) - Checking this field flags it to be distributed by the engine. Any leads / cases without this checkbox enabled will remain untouched.
- Is Triggered (n2de__Is_triggered__c) - This checkbox will be enabled once the Distribution Engine trigger has completed assignment of the Lead / Case.
To fire the trigger you need to check the trigger enabled checkbox and save to update the record and fire the trigger.
Respecting Shift Hours
By default, trigger distributors will always assign regardless of your team or team member hours. This can be changed on the team settings page (Respect Distribution hours for triggers). This setting does not affect the default owner user / queue.