Widget & Inline Page
Classic - Distribution Engine Inline Page
Lightning - Distribution Engine Record Detail
Widget - Introduction
Adding Widget to a Lightning App
Adding Widget to a Lightning Page
Adding Widget to Salesforce Mobile
Adding Widget to a Classic Console
Adding Widget to Classic Homepage
Changing the Widget logout reason list
Before you Begin
Whats in the Package
Managed Package Licences
Leaving A Review
Upgrading Distribution Engine
Configure Distribution Engine
Create a Map
Territory Map Zoom Levels
Territories - Technical Details
Lead Matching - Introduction
Duplicate Rule Setup
Related Owner - Lead Matching
Lead matching vs lookup owner
Classifier Lead Matching Setup
Lead to Account/Contact/Lead Settings
Custom Classification - Introduction
Custom Classification - Synchronized Tag Collections
Lead Auto-Conversion - Introduction
Distribution Classifier - Introduction
Distribution Methods - Introduction
Standard Distributor Settings
Pull Distributor Settings
Trigger Distributor Settings
Manual Distributor Settings
Distributing from a Designated User
Distributor Team Member Filters
Distributor Sort Order
Advanced Filter Mode
Distributor Test Tool
Weighting and Caps
Tracking & SLAs
Distribution Teams Introduction
Distribution Process View
Out of Office
User Availability Toggle
Distribution Engine Running User
Licensed users list
Export & Import
Email Notifications - Introduction
Custom Email Notifications
Disabling Standard Email Notifications
Customising the Email Template
Disabling Custom Email Notifications
From Email Address
Email Notification as Flow
Assignment Simulator - Introduction
Configure Assignment Simulation
Assignment Simulator Result Explorer
Integrating InsideSales.com power dialer
Auto archive feature
Uploading tags via dataloader
Tuning Distribution Engine
Distribution Logs List
Territories Logs List
Lead Matching Logs List
Auto-Conversion Logs List
Custom Classification Log List
Object Sync Logs List
Scheduler Logs List
Archive Logs List
Exporting Log Data
Distribution Engine Details Object
Distribution Engine Dashboard
Reports - Leads and Distribution Logs
Skill Based Matching
Assigning Contacts - Pairing SDRs and AEs
Enforce Cap for Manually Assigned Records
Workflow Rule Examples
Timezone Bucket Formula
Has Activity Formula
Distribution Engine Details Formula
id Field to Text
Process Builder Examples
Process Builder - Avoiding Clashes
Opportunity Assignment - Updating Related Accounts & Contacts
Rejection API Process
Assign License and Permission Set on Team Member Addition
Assign License on Team Member Addition
Tasks on Record Assignment by Distribution Engine
Information for New Admins
Out of Office API
Team Members API
DE Apex API Introduction
Apex Trigger Examples
Omni-Channel Presence Integration
Salesforce Presence Integration
Invalid Email trigger
Warnings and Errors
Health Checker Messages
Distributor Failures - Records on Hold
Apex CPU time limit exceeded
Timeout when deleting a Team Member or Distributor
Records Stuck / Not Being Assigned
Frequently Asked Questions
Legacy Widget - New status
Distribution Engine Aborted
Alerts not Firing
Distribution Engine Delayed
Can one Distributor Assign from Multiple Queues / Users?
Can't See Distribution Engine
Distribution Engine Not Running
Manual Shutdown of Distribution Engine
Exclude members from Holidays
Distribution Engine Health Checker Restart
Dashboard Running User Error
Assignments going to wrong user
Dragon beta release - install guide
Eagle upgrade process
Gorilla Upgrade Process
Hummingbird Upgrade Process
Impala Upgrade Process
Jellyfish Upgrade Process
Koala Upgrade Process
Llama Upgrade Process
Grant Login Access
Upgrading Distribution Engine Steps
Creating a distributor or opening an existing distributor brings you to the distributor settings page. From here you can edit, clone or delete a distributor. You can also access the distributor test tool and see recent distributions.
Tips for great distributor setups
- Understand dynamic tags. These can hugely simplify your setup. Learn about tags
- Understand the classifier territory module to simplify logic involving countries, states or zipcodes. Learn more about the classifier territory feature
- If you are interested in lead matching, there are various different options. Learn about lead matching options
- Contact support if you'd like some help.
Distributor settings are grouped by the method (how records will be assigned), the source (which records are assigned) and the team member filter (who are we assigning to).
- Distributor Name - pick a name for this rule. We recommend short names for ease of reading.
- Method - select the distribution algorithm for this distributor. These are described here - Distribution Methods.
- Sticky assignment - "stick" duplicate records to the same person for a defined period.
- Respect Availability - Contains two options which determine if availability is checked when distributing;
- Assign if user is unavailable - If enabled, this will ignore all availability statuses from Working Hours.Out of Office, Holidays and Toggles and will always assign to a team member regardless.
- Assign if user is toggled off in widget - If enabled, this will ignore when users are toggled off, but not Working Hours, Out of Office, and Holidays
- Source - Select where the distributor will take records from:
- Queue - This option will distribute from a Salesforce queue that allows the appropriate object type. If queues are not available for the object type, this option will not be available.
- User - This option will distribute from a Salesforce user.
- Field Value - This option will distribute any records who have a field with a specific value. (For example: Status = Waiting). On distribution, the field is updated with a value.
- Field-based filter - Filter the records being selected for distribution by a field value (e.g. only hot leads or only P1 cases). More on filters here - Distributor Filters.
- Campaign-based filter - Filter the records being selected for distribution by the Salesforce campaigns they are in (only for leads and contacts).
- Custom sort order - Determine the order in which objects will be assigned from the queue (e.g. Created Date ascending for oldest first). Learn more about sort order here.
Team member filter
For more information on Team Member Filters, see this article.
- Assign To - Determine who in this team is eligible to receive assignments from this distributor.
- All team (anyone in the team can receive assignments from this distributor)
- Selected members (only selected team members can receive assignments from this distributor).
- By tags (team members will be selected based on the tags they hold).
- Exclude Team Members - This feature allows for certain team members, defined on the record, to be excluded from the possibility of assignment.