Widget & Inline Page
Classic - Distribution Engine Inline Page
Lightning - Distribution Engine Record Detail
Widget - Introduction
Adding Widget to a Lightning App
Adding Widget to a Lightning Page
Adding Widget to Salesforce Mobile
Adding Widget to a Classic Console
Adding Widget to Classic Homepage
Changing the Widget logout reason list
Before you Begin
Whats in the Package
Managed Package Licences
Leaving A Review
Upgrading Distribution Engine
Configure Distribution Engine
Create a Map
Territory Map Zoom Levels
Territories - Technical Details
Lead Matching - Introduction
Duplicate Rule Setup
Related Owner - Lead Matching
Lead matching vs lookup owner
Classifier Lead Matching Setup
Lead to Account/Contact/Lead Settings
Custom Classification - Introduction
Custom Classification - Synchronized Tag Collections
Lead Auto-Conversion - Introduction
Distribution Classifier - Introduction
Distribution Methods - Introduction
Standard Distributor Settings
Pull Distributor Settings
Trigger Distributor Settings
Manual Distributor Settings
Distributing from a Designated User
Distributor Team Member Filters
Distributor Sort Order
Advanced Filter Mode
Distributor Test Tool
Weighting and Caps
Tracking & SLAs
Distribution Teams Introduction
Distribution Process View
Out of Office
User Availability Toggle
Distribution Engine Running User
Licensed users list
Export & Import
Email Notifications - Introduction
Custom Email Notifications
Disabling Standard Email Notifications
Customising the Email Template
Disabling Custom Email Notifications
From Email Address
Email Notification as Flow
Assignment Simulator - Introduction
Configure Assignment Simulation
Assignment Simulator Result Explorer
Integrating InsideSales.com power dialer
Auto archive feature
Uploading tags via dataloader
Tuning Distribution Engine
Distribution Logs List
Territories Logs List
Lead Matching Logs List
Auto-Conversion Logs List
Custom Classification Log List
Object Sync Logs List
Scheduler Logs List
Archive Logs List
Exporting Log Data
Distribution Engine Details Object
Distribution Engine Dashboard
Reports - Leads and Distribution Logs
Skill Based Matching
Assigning Contacts - Pairing SDRs and AEs
Enforce Cap for Manually Assigned Records
Workflow Rule Examples
Timezone Bucket Formula
Has Activity Formula
Distribution Engine Details Formula
id Field to Text
Desktop or Mobile Notifications
Custom Assignment Rejection
Process Builder Examples
Process Builder - Avoiding Clashes
Opportunity Assignment - Updating Related Accounts & Contacts
Rejection API Process
Assign License and Permission Set on Team Member Addition
Assign License on Team Member Addition
Tasks on Record Assignment by Distribution Engine
Information for New Admins
Out of Office API
Team Members API
DE Apex API Introduction
Apex Trigger Examples
Omni-Channel Presence Integration
Salesforce Presence Integration
Invalid Email trigger
Warnings and Errors
Health Checker Messages
Distributor Failures - Records on Hold
Apex CPU time limit exceeded
Timeout when deleting a Team Member or Distributor
Records Stuck / Not Being Assigned
Frequently Asked Questions
Legacy Widget - New status
Distribution Engine Aborted
Alerts not Firing
Distribution Engine Delayed
Can one Distributor Assign from Multiple Queues / Users?
Can't See Distribution Engine
Distribution Engine Not Running
Manual Shutdown of Distribution Engine
Exclude members from Holidays
Distribution Engine Health Checker Restart
Dashboard Running User Error
Assignments going to wrong user
Dragon beta release - install guide
Eagle upgrade process
Gorilla Upgrade Process
Hummingbird Upgrade Process
Impala Upgrade Process
Jellyfish Upgrade Process
Koala Upgrade Process
Llama Upgrade Process
Grant Login Access
Upgrading Distribution Engine Steps
Distributors are the rules which define how assignments are made. You can have multiple distributors per team, each with a different function. E.g. Hot, warm and cold leads or P1, P2 and P3 cases.
From the distributors page you can
- Add a new distributor.
- Clone a distributor.
- Re-order - set the execution order of distributors.
- Browse and open distributors.
- Activate and deactivate distributors.
- Delete distributors.
- Test records against a distributor's filters.
- Review recent assignments by a distributor.
- Preview available records for a distributor.
Add a new distributor
- Click add distributor.
- Name your distributor (e.g. hot leads).
- Select the source. Normally a Salesforce queue for leads / cases. You can also use a specified user or a field and value as a source. Learn more about distributor sources.
- Click create, and then configure the remaining settings on the distributor settings page. Learn more about distributor settings.
Distributors run in order, top to bottom. So if 2 distributors had the same filters, the topmost distributor would run first and select records meeting the filter criteria. To change the execution order you can click Reorder distributors and drag distributors up and down.
Advanced distributor types
There are four types of distributor – standard, pull, manual and trigger.
- Standard Distributor: The default and most powerful way of automatically assigning out records among the team. A Salesforce job runs periodically (as defined on settings tab) and initiates all the scheduled distributors in the engine.
- Pull Distributor: This allows team members to request their own records via the widget. Typical use case would be setting up a pull distributor to provide additional records when members have spare capacity.
- Manual Distributor: Allows a team manager to choose the team member that receives the assignment based on information shown about each member in the record detail component.
- Trigger Distributor: Triggers are fired as soon as a record is updated so this distribution method is ideal for real time situations. However, due to governor limits, trigger based distribution has less functionality than standard distribution.
Add a new pull distributor
Click add pull distributor from the top menu and enter a name and source. Pull distributor settings are covered here.
Add a new manual distributor
Click add manual distributor from the top menu and enter a name. No source is required because manual distributors are only fired when a manager chooses to assign the record. Manual distributor settings are covered here.
Add trigger distributor
Click add trigger distributor from the top menu and enter a name. No source is required because trigger distributors are only fired by setting a checkbox. Trigger distributor settings are covered here.